Welcome to the company website of Jatheon Technologies Inc. (Jatheon)
Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will use it.
For the purpose of the General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679, we are the data controller. Our Data Protection Officer is Vlad Vulic, who can be contacted at email@example.com. Our registered address is 3rd – 15 Prince Arthur Ave, Toronto, Ontario, M5R 1B2, Canada.
You may contact us to find out more about the way we use personal data via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you do not provide personal data
If we need to process the data you provide us with to fulfill our service, and you fail to provide that data when requested, we may not be able to perform the service, in which case, we may have to cancel a service you have with us. You will be notified if we need to cancel a service.
What information do we use?
We will collect and process the following information about you:
- Information you give us about you. You give us this information by filling out forms on our Company website (https://jatheon.com) that you may access directly or through another website, or by corresponding with us by email. This information only includes basic personal data required for us to communicate with you if you become a customer, and for you to be able to use our site, subscribe to our service and report a problem with our website. The information you give us may include your First Name, Last Name, Work Email, Phone Number, Industry, Number of Employees, Country, City, Company Name, Job Title.
- Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to our website we will automatically collect the following information:
- our communications with you or between you and other users on the website;
- content statistics (e.g. your input on the website);
- technical information, including device identifiers, device type, geo-location information, connection information, statistics on page views, traffic to and from the website, the Internet Protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system, ad data and platform; and
- information based on your activities on the website, including the mobile network information, full Uniform Resource Locators (URL), clickstream to, through and from our website (including date and time), products you viewed or searched for, page response times, download errors, duration of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), methods used to browse away from the page, and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
- Information we receive from other sources. This is the information we receive about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or the other services we provide. We are working closely with third parties (e.g. business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, search information providers, credit reference agencies). We will notify you when we receive personal data about you from other sources and the purposes for which we intend to use that information.
How do we use this information?
We will only use personal data when the law allows us to. You will not be subject to decisions based on automated data processing without your prior consent. Most commonly, we will use your personal data in the following circumstances:
- where we need to perform the contract we are about to enter into or have entered into with you;
- to provide you with email notifications, newsletters and marketing communications at either your request or with your consent when completing a registration form for the service;
- where it is necessary for our legitimate interests and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests;
- to ensure that our service is delivered efficiently, including where we wish to notify you of any changes to the service, generate relevant content, tailor the website to your interests, and improve your visibility to potential collaborators;
- to provide customer service to you in relation to your use of the service, to deal with inquiries and complaints relating to the use of the service and to notify you about any changes to our service;
- to administer, support, improve, optimise and develop our service;
- to produce reports which may be used, sold, or published by us at our sole discretion provided that any data or reports will be anonymized and not refer to any individual user of the services;
- for internal record keeping and marketing and demographic studies to improve the services that we provide;
- for security purposes;
- where we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation; and
- to investigate potential breach of our terms and conditions.
We strive to provide you with choices regarding certain personal data uses, particularly around marketing and advertising. We may use your contact details and technical data that we collect about you, such as your IP address and the way you browse our website to form a view on what we think you may want or need, or what may be of interest to you. This is how we decide which products, services and offers may be relevant for you.
You will receive marketing communications from us if you have requested information from us or purchased goods or services through us or if you provided us with your details when you entered a competition or registered for a promotion and, in each case, have not opted out of receiving marketing communications.
You can ask us to stop sending you marketing messages at any time by following the opt-out links on any marketing message sent to you or by contacting us at any time at email@example.com.
We will get your express opt-in consent before we share your personal data with any external company for marketing purposes.
Change of purpose
We will only use your personal data for the purposes for which we collected it, unless we reasonably consider that we need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose. If you wish to know how the processing for the new purpose is compatible with the original purpose, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If we need to use your personal data for an unrelated purpose, we will notify you and we will explain the legal basis which allows us to do so.
Please note that we may process your personal data without your knowledge or consent, in compliance with the above rules, where this is required or permitted by law.
How do we share your information?
Upon registration, your username and user ID will be linked to your activity on the website and displayed with the information provided on your profile (including your profile picture) and any of your communications on the website (e.g. personal messages and comments).
You acknowledge and agree that from time to time we have the right to share your personal information with:
- Any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries.
- Selected third parties including:
- Stripe Inc. (“Stripe”) based in the US, for processing payments;
- Amazon Web Services, Inc. (“AWS”), for our IT hosting on their servers based in Ireland;
- Google LLC. (“Google”) based in the US, for the storage of documents that include your personal data on Google Drive, the use of Gmail in order to contact you about any services we provide to you and Google Contacts to store and maintain our clients’ details;
- Xero Limited (“Xero”) based in the EU, Australia, Singapore and the US, to issue our clients with invoices for services we provide them with;
- Dropbox Inc. (“Dropbox”) based in the US, to store and share documents and digital files;
- Slack Technologies (“Slack”) based in the US, for instant internal communication which can sometimes be about you;
- Basecamp, LLC (“Basecamp”) based in the US, to manage our projects and workloads, which can sometimes include information about you;
- Zoom Video Communications, Inc. (“Zoom”) based in the US, to communicate via video and share documents, some of which may contain information about you;
- Breezy (“Breezy HR”) based in the US, to advertise the available job positions and store the information about the potential candidates;
- Atlassian Trello (“Trello”) based in AU, to keep contact information on new employees:
- Indeed (“Indeed”) based in the US, to keep contact information on potential job candidates;
- Infostud (“Infostud”) based in the RS, to keep contact information, education and job history on potential job candidates;
- Omega HR Office (“Omega”) based in the RS, to keep contact information, education and job history on potential job candidates;
- LinkedIn (“LinkedIn”) based in the US, to keep contact information, education and job history on potential job candidates;
- PandaDoc (“PandaDoc”) based in the US, to create the quotes and proposals for you as an existing customer or a new one;
- HubSpot (“HubSpot”) based in the US, to store contact and business information and files on you and your organization as an existing customer or prospect;
- Zendesk (“Zendesk”) based in the US, to store contact information and history of issues/requests submitted by you on behalf of your organization;
- Intercom (“Intercom”) based in the US, to store contact information and history of issues/requests submitted by you on behalf of your organization;
- MBX (“MBX”) based in the US, to store contact and shipping information on you and your organization, as well as history of the hardware orders and RMAs;
- Timetastic (“Timetastic”) based in the UK, to store contact information (name and email), personal information (birthday) and HR information (leave details) on Jatheon’s employees;
- RingCentral (“RingCentral) based in the US, to store and use contact information (name and phone number) on the customers, partners, prospects, and communication details (voicemails, conversation recordings) on customers, partners, prospects and all other parties connecting to us through this channel;
- GovSpend (“GovSpend”) based in the US, to search for available information on organizations such as contact information and purchase history (which is aggregated by the said platform);
- AutoKlose (“AutoKlose”) based in CA, to find contact information on prospects and their organizations (name, email, phone number, organization name);
- MBX Hatch (“MBX”) based in US, to store contact, shipping information, as well as purchase history on Jatheon customers;
- Twilio SendGrid (“SendGrid”) based in the US, to store contact information on prospects (email, first name, last name, organization name, organization address);
- Hunter (“Hunter”) to search and verify the email address as a contact information on prospects;
- select business partners, suppliers and subcontractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with you.
This includes when:
- We sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we will disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- The company or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our Website Terms and Conditions and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of the company, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Where do we store your information?
All personal data we process is processed by our staff in Canada.
For the purposes of IT hosting and maintenance this information is located on servers OUTSIDE the EEA.
Our external third party, Amazon AWS, is based outside the European Economic Area (EEA), so their processing of your personal data will involve transferring your data outside the EEA.
Whenever we transfer your personal data out of the EEA, we ensure a similar degree of protection is afforded to it by ensuring at least one of the following safeguards is implemented:
- Where we use certain service providers, we may use specific contracts approved by the European Commission which give personal data the same protection it has in Europe.
- Where we use providers based in the US, we may transfer data to them if they are part of the Privacy Shield which requires them to provide similar protection to personal data shared between the Europe and the US.
- Appropriate security measures will be adopted to protect your information from access by unauthorized persons and against unlawful processing, accidental loss, destruction and damage.
Please contact us at email@example.com if you want further information on the specific mechanisms used by us when transferring your personal data out of the EEA.
Once we have received your information, we have a Data Protection regime in place to oversee the effective and secure processing of your personal data and we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorized access.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our website at the transmission stage; any transmission is at your own risk.
How long do we keep your data?
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements. We generally retain your data for an indefinite period of time.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
In some circumstances we may anonymize your personal data (so that it can no longer be associated with you) for research or statistical purposes in which case we may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you.
You can ask us to delete your data in some circumstances. See below for further information.
What are your rights?
Under certain circumstances, you have rights under data protection laws in relation to your personal data:
- Request access to your personal data
- Request correction of your personal data
- Request erasure of your personal data
- Object to processing of your personal data
- Request restriction of processing your personal data
- Request transfer of your personal data
- Right to withdraw consent
Exercising your rights
If you wish to exercise any of your rights set out above, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We try to respond to all legitimate requests within one month. Occasionally it may take us longer than a month if your request is particularly complex or you have made a number of requests. In this case, we will notify you and keep you updated.
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances.
Social Media Platforms
All communications and actions carried out on third-party social media platforms will be subject to the terms and conditions and privacy policies of those websites. Please note that we will never ask for your personal or sensitive information through social media platforms. Please only discuss sensitive information through email.
This website may use social sharing buttons which allow you to share web content quickly on a social media platform. Please use such buttons at your discretion as the third-party platform may track and save your request.
Schedule Your Personal Demo
Look inside Jatheon’s solution to see how to better manage your corporate email and messaging data. Leave us your contact details and we’ll get in touch and show you around.